Frozen Pickled Green Beans
- 1/2 c. frozen green beans (or any frozen vegetable)
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1/2 c. water
- 2/3 c. vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 T. sugar or to taste
- 1/2 - 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flake (optional)
- Rinse frozen green beans under warm water to thaw.
- In a 16 oz jar or other heat proof container put 2 garlic cloves.
- Fill and pack the jar with green beans.
- In a sauce pan, put remaining ingredients (water, vinegar, salt, sugar & red pepper flake) and bring to a boil until sugar and salt have dissolved.
- Pour liquid over green beans until liquid reaches the top and covers the beans.
- Put the lid on and let it cool down to room temperature.
- Place in the fridge at least overnight or up to 1 week to allow ingredients to marry.
- Crack it open and ENJOY!
Notes: You can substitute or add in other herbs and spices that go well with whatever vegetable you pickle. Dill would be a great addition to this recipe, so get creative!