Kelle B's Private Cookery Camps
Kelle B's Private Cookery Camp:
- 3 hours each day
- can be 1-3 days in length, consecutive or other
- 1-5 students accepted per camp session
- Camp Location: Kelle B Jammin' Kitchen: 5507 126th Street, #215
Total Camp Cost:
- 1 day - $150.00 per child
- 2 day - $275.00 per child
- 3 day - $400.00 per child
- Ages 8 and up (special exceptions can be made upon request and discussion)
- Beginning/basic knife skills (has used a sharp knife before, does not have to be perfect, just not be afraid of knives)
- An adventurous eater (they are willing to try new things that are not too far out of their comfort zone)
- Can get along well with others and take direction well
How It Works:
You select how many 3 hour days you’d like your chef-in-training to take: 1 day, 2 day, or 3 day.
If your chef-in-training would like to gather a group of friends (up to 4 additional students) to make a private cookery camp we can do that, easily. Each additional student will need to register separately for the number of days the group would like to come.
Once you decide how many camp days you want, place an online order. Kelle B will be in touch to help select a date that works best for individual campers and/or your hand selected group of campers and Kelle B.
Camp dates can be schedule consecutively, every other day, once a week, etc…
At that time, you will be sent consent forms and we can also discuss what kinds of foods interest your campers, so we can create a customized lesson for each day. Kelle B will have lots of ideas, so fear not, if you come up blank.
Description: I will teach your chef-in-training the basics of practical, every day, home cooking. These are real life cooking skills that will be used by your child in your home and hopefully, for the rest of their lives!
Each private class (up to 5 students per camp) is in-depth, hands-on and will cover a variety of skills including common kitchen hygiene practices, food prep, knife skills, stove top cooking techniques, meal preparations, how to preserve leftovers and much more!
Each day, your chef-in-training will take home the days lesson that to share with family and enjoy the culinary triumph of your chef-in-training!
I accept students age 8 years of age and older, but exceptions can always be made based on the skill levels of the student.
Class size is limited to 5 students per day and there will be 2 trained adults on location the entire time.
Cost includes all supplies, equipment and ingredients needed for the 3 hour cookery camp. Each day we will build off of what we learned the day before.
My hope is to teach your chef-in-training some basic cooking skills so they can gain some confidence in the kitchen and feel the accomplishment of creating delicious meals for your family. Let's face it, the world could use a little more practicality and kids who can cook easy, delicious & healthy balanced meals for themselves and their family!
Cookery Camp Take-Aways:
- A Kelle B's Cookery Camp Cookbook of all the recipes we used during the week
- A daily container of the treats we created in class
- The ability and know how to safely and efficiently cook and recreate these recipes in your home kitchen
Note: Once you have purchased your camp tickets, Kelle B will be in contact with you to get more information about your chef-in-training and have important releases, registration forms and other information for you to fill out and return. This is also when we will select a date and menu that works best for everyone.